24 acres located at 4th Street and 5th Avenue NE is home to the Oelwein Family Aquatics Center. The park offers picnic shelters and tables, tennis courts, three softball fields, basketball court, horseshoe courts, restrooms and playground equipment installed with the help of the Kids Playground Fund.
69 acres located on South Frederick this park is frontage property to a 55 acre artificial lake names Lake Oelwein. The park offers picnic shelters with tables, open play area, tennis court, sand volleyball and horseshoe courts, restroom facilities, modern and primitive camping and dump station. The park offers “No Wake” boating access to
69 acres located on South Frederick this park is frontage property to a 55 acre artificial lake names Lake Oelwein. The park offers picnic shelters with tables, open play area, tennis court, sand volleyball and horseshoe courts, restroom facilities, modern and primitive camping and dump station. The park offers “No Wake” boating access to Lake Oelwein. This park is home to playground equipment installed with the help of the Kids Playground Fund.
24 acres located on West Charles Street, this park offers a large wooded area, as well as picnic facilities, playground equipment, basketball court, horseshoe courts, restrooms and Bocce Ball courts. This park has playground equipment installed by the Kids Playground Fund.
16 acres located at 7th Street and 7th Avenue SE, this park offers 1.25 miles of foot paths, picnic shelters and tables, playground equipment, horseshoe court, restrooms, and a large playfield. This Park is the home of a Gazebo and “Trail of Dreams” created by Oelwein Care Center. The park is home to playground equipment installed with the help of the Kids Playground Fund.
3 acres located at 2nd Street and Hillside Drive, this park offers a basketball court, playground equipment, picnic facilities, new and improved tennis courts and playground equipment installed by the Kids Playground Fund.
201 20th Street SE just off Highway 150 South. This complex offers two soccer fields, two softball and two baseball fields. The complex is restricted in use for league play only. Trail head access, modern restrooms, concessions and drinking fountains are available.
The veterans park held the dedication of the Korean and Vietnam Veterans’ memorial, donated by the McNamara family, in 1998.
Dedicated to Walter P. Chrysler who once resided in Oelwein, this park offers a gazebo with picnic table, water fountain and flower gardens.
Located at 4th Avenue and 4 ½ St. Southwest, this park offers picnic tables, open play field and is bordered by a natural wooded environment with trail access.
Located at 1st Avenue and 1st Street Southwest, this park is also known as Orville Christophel Memorial park or log cabin park. The park offers a historical monument from days of yore, picnic tables, benches and parking for downtown shopping.
Online reservations are available up to ten (10) days prior to your reservation date. For reservations less than ten (10) days out, please contact City Hall up to 4:30 PM on Thursday for the following Saturday through Friday.
· Renters receive use of the entire pavilion for the day that they have reserved.
· Rental of the pavilion requires that everything that is brought in; is removed before vacating the pavilion the day of rental.
· Anticipated attendance cannot exceed the pavilion capacity.
· Refunds are not available for cancellation of pavilion reservations or for adverse weather.
· Maintenance personnel will arrive that morning to prepare the facility for the rental.
· Decoration of the pavilions for parties is limited to what can be hung or held in place through clamps or rubber bands. Use of nails, tacks, screws, or any other item that will result in holes in the pavilion are prohibited. Please remove all decorations at the end of your reservation.
· Picnic tables within the pavilions may not be rearranged or removed.
· Charcoal grills are made available at a number of pavilions. Pavilion renters are welcome to bring in their own charcoal grill so long as they are not used under the pavilion roof. No fires are allowed except in grills.
· Future reservations may be denied due to (but not limited to) unnecessary littering, and/or violation of any City Ordinances or Park Regulations.
Railroad Shelter #1
By main playground
Reckhemmer Shelter #2
Next to Railroad shelter
Capacity - 60
Next to Park View Motel
Capacity - 100
Southwest area of park (No electricity)
Capacity - 50
North Side-City Park
Capacity - 100
Redgate Shelter #1
Capacity - 100
Platts Shelter #1
Capacity - 100
Platts Shelter #2
Wings Shelter #1
By playground behind D3
Wings Shelter #2
Between Diamonds 2 & 3
Copyright © 2022 City of Oelwein - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by family friendly visions for our future.