We appreciate everyone that has stayed at the Oelwein City Park Campground this season. The season will conclude on October 15th, 2021. The water will be shut off and facility winterized after that date. Thanks again for staying with us this season and we will see you next spring!
City Park is located in the south side of Oelwein. Easy access for campers is located on the south side entrance off highway 281. Oelwein City park campground is open from April 15th to October 15th and operates on a first come, first serve basis - No reservations are taken. Oelwein City Park Campground offers 40 electrical and water campground sites. There are 10 – 50 amp sites, and 30 amp sites available, including 3 drive through sites. A modern restroom / shower facility compliments the campground. There is over 800 square feet dedicated for tent / primitive (no electrical or water) camping. Available for campers that lodge at the facility is a waste station for convenience.
2400 South Frederick Avenue, Oelwein, Iowa 50662, United States
- All campers are expected to keep their campsites clean and in an orderly manner
- Quiet must be maintained between 10:30 PM and 6:00 AM
- Park and campground are closed to non-campers between 10:30 PM and 6:00 AM
- Licensed motor vehicles operated by licensed drivers only
- (Mini bikes UTV's, Golf Carts, and All –terrain vehicles are prohibited in all City
parks without exception per City code)
- Motor vehicles are not allowed off roadways and/or parking areas
- All domestic animals must be kept on leash not to exceed 10’ in length
- Tree cutting is strictly prohibited
- Iowa fishing license required if and when fishing
- Fire must be built in places provided
- 10 MPH speed limit in campground
- No moving fire rings
- Do not move tables-ask the host for direction if extras are needed
- No tents allowed on campsite pads
- All campers must register with the host within one hour of arrival
- Check out time is 2:00 PM
- Please dispose of trash in containers provided—not fire rings
- Maximum stay of 4 consecutive nights in primitive tent area
- Anyone not complying with these rules will result in removal from the
campground at the campers' expense, with no refund.
Lake Oelwein offers great scenery and endless recreation possibilities. Two fishing jetties have been made available, Lake Oelwein is a “no-wake” facility. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available for rental through the campground host.
Kayaks and paddleboards will be used on Lake Oelwein only. All kayaks and paddleboards rented must stay between the south side of 10th street SW and North of the blue barrels, please stay off private property. Each kayak and paddleboard rental will come with one paddle and personal floatation device. Wearing a personal floatation device at all times is recommended. Anyone 12 years and younger is required to wear a personal floatation device at all times by law. The campground host conducts rentals. No refunds available.
¨ One-hour rental is $10 per kayak/Paddleboard
¨ Four-hour rental is $30 per kayak/Paddleboard
¨ Two or more kayak rentals is $35 for four hours per kayak/Paddleboard
Oelwein City Park has two sand volleyball courts, several playgrounds, basketball court, five horseshoe courts, Dog Park, 24 acre lake, and several picnic amenities.
Also available through the campground host are horseshoes for use on our five horseshoe courts on the east side of City Park.
There are several playground equipment structures designed for all ages available.
The Oelwein Celebration is held at City Park in early June, with free entertainment for all.
Copyright © 2021 City of Oelwein - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by family friendly visions for our future.